Electro Swing News 02
By LadyDot – November 2022
I have always associated October with cold, rain and gloomy greyness. This year it has been completely different – October in Poland has been really sunny and warm, and this has given me a lot more motivation to do things. The music, of course, has also had a big influence, and there is never a shortage of it in my life.
I must admit that after the first article of my new series, Electro Swing News (you can read it HERE), I couldn’t wait to write you another text full of music news, social media overviews and gossip circulating somewhere in the Electro Swing community. Without further ado, I’m taking you on a short trip back in time – but this time we’re not going to the very distant past, because I’ve prepared a short summary of October 2022 especially for you.
Quick Electro Swing News
- “Boring 20s” by Wolfgang Lohr, Ashley Slater and Tamela D’Amico has made it to the first ballot for the Grammy Awards in the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance category! I’m keeping my fingers very tightly crossed for the whole world to hear about this fantastic song! I know there is a lot of competition, but I never give up hope and firmly believe in the success of these wonderful artists!
- Phos Toni is recharging her batteries and thinking about producing new songs. Ah, remember when he released ‘My 20s Woman’ together with Wolfgang Lohr? I love that theme from White Town’s ‘Your Woman’, which you can hear in the Electro Swing single by these two artists. Phos Toni has yet to release the great ‘Swing Back’ and ‘Not Happy’, among others. I’m already looking forward to his big comeback, how about you? :)
- Swing Republic, Swingrowers, Atom Smith and Odd Chap all have their “This is…” playlists on Spotify. Congratulations to you from the bottom of my heart and I hope this brings your music to even bigger communities!
- Freshly Squeezed announces that it will soon be releasing The Swing Bot’s first album. I’m already looking forward to the album. Why? Because I have a huge weakness for the French touch, and apparently The Swing Bot is strongly inspired by this musical trend. I’ll be waiting for more information and of course… for the new singles. :)
- Lamuzgueule have announced that they will be releasing a new single on the 4th of November. And as if that wasn’t enough, they have started work on a new album! I feel it’s going to be something really great. I think I’m not the only one waiting for news from Lamuzgueule, right? :)
- “Moving On” by the duo Bart&Baker and Ashley Slater has reached number 10 on the French iTunes charts. This is truly a huge success – congratulations from the bottom of my heart!
Electro Swing Gossip
I heard somewhere that one of the Electro Swing songs will be used… in a new TV series. So far I don’t know anything more, but as soon as I find out, I’ll be sure to let you know!
As you know, this has happened before – in August 2021 we could hear “Make Swing Great Again” in the second season of the Netflix-produced series Valeria. Wolfgang Lohr, Deladap and Melinda Stoika certainly had a huge reason to be proud then.
I wonder who will be so lucky to have their song heard in the series this time? And I wonder if this gossip will turn out to be true… :)
Single Releases – October 2022
I have to admit that there were some really cool tracks released in October. Interestingly, not all of them were typically Halloween-themed. I like theme songs, but sometimes it’s also nice to listen to something not directly related to Halloween.
Okay, here we go! Do you remember my rating scale? One heart – I like it. Two hearts: I like it a lot. Three hearts: the song is brilliant!
♥ „The Munsters (Electro Swing Mix)” – Glenn Gatsby – 4th October
♥♥ „Superman” – Annella – 6th October
♥♥♥ „Voodoo (ROMZN Remix)” – Victor Ghastly’s Electric Timebomb – 7th October
♥ „Swinging Wheel” – G.Pantelidis – 7th October
♥♥ „Fire” – Odd Chap, Emma Lea – 7th October
♥ „Halloween Theme (Electro Swing Mix)” – Betty Booom – 10th October
♥♥ „Don’t Fall Asleep” – The Swing Bot – 12nd October
♥♥♥ „Ghostbusters (Electro Swing Mix)” – Wolfgang Lohr, Ashley Slater – 14th October
♥♥♥! „Night Times” – LVDS – 18th October
♥♥ „Moving On” – Bart & Baker, Ashley Slater – 21st October
♥ „Come Alive” – Good Co. (Mr. Automatic Remix) – 21st October
♥♥♥ „Electro Swing” – FHA Beats – 21st October
♥♥ „Wicked Evil” – Szigeti Juli – 21st October
♥♥ „Spooky Town” – Jay Slay, Scarlett Darling – 24th October
♥♥ „Right Here Right Now” – Mr. Jazzek – 25th October
♥♥♥ „The Illusionist (Glenn Gatsby Remix)” – Valerie Giglio, Samuel Cerra – 28th October
♥♥♥! „Watch Your Tongue” – Pisk, Little Violet – 28th October
♥♥♥ „Nightmare Cure” – DanyloM, Electro Swing Thing – 31st October
The highest score and the title of my favourite Electro Swing track in October is claimed by as many as two songs: “Night Times” by LVDS and “Watch Your Tongue” by the duo PiSk and Little Violet!
Album Launches – October 2022
Since we’ve already talked about the new Electro Swing songs coming out in October, we can’t forget about the albums either. In a previous article in the Electro Swing News series, I mentioned to you that I’m looking forward to Boogie Belgique’s album – ‘Machine’ (release on the 14th of October) and ProleteR’s ‘Fairuz’ (release on the 20th of October). “Machine” is a beautiful, nostalgic tale that fits wonderfully as a relaxing tune for chilly autumn evenings. And ‘Fairuz’… Well, I love that swing hop, unmistakable Proleter sound, and I’ve listened to his new album about 5 times already. So, I’m thinking, maybe it’s a good time to think about reviewing this album? :)
But! I also found info that The Rin Tins have released a new album – ‘Without Further Ado’ (out on the 28th of October). So if you’re a fan of classic swing, vintage vocals and the sound of saxophone and brass instruments (oh, and of course that captivating guitar and melodic piano!), then you’ll definitely enjoy the tracks from this album.
My Top 3 Tracks – October 2022
Well, I have to confess to you that I listened to a lot of French touch and funk in October. However, there is always enough room in my heart for any genre of music – including Electro Swing, of course!
- 3 “So Good” – Klischée
- 2. “Spooky” – Kumiho (Duke Skellington Remix)
- 1. “Pepperoni Pizza” – Augie Bello, Orange Bananas → I’m curious, have you heard anything about this track? Ah, it’s just fantastic!
And finally, instead of a news, a quick appeal to Electro Swing artists! Don’t hesitate to write to me about your new track. Firstly, it makes me very happy because I feel you appreciate my work.
And secondly, it’s a huge help in planning new reviews and news. And by the way, thank you to all those with whom I stay in constant contact. It’s great to be part of this big Electro Swing family. :)
Written by LadyDot (Ja, Wizeruk) Date: 2022-11-07